JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - 36-year-old Calvin Hutson appeared in Cole County Court Wednesday morning for a pretrial hearing regarding the death of Andre Hudson in December 2012.
Hutson is charged with second degree murder, first degree robbery, armed criminal action, and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Hutson is accused of killing Andre Hudson near W. Schroeder Way in Jefferson City.
According to court documents, the killing was drug-related.
Hudson's body was found in a vehicle, and those same court documents said Hudson and Hutson exchanged gunshots during a fight.
Hutson was shot as well and survived.
A second suspect, Justin Beasley, pleaded guilty in September 2013 to second degree murder and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Hutson's trial is set to begin Tuesday.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes