JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Even though prosecutors asked for more time on Wednesday, a judge set a trial date for Jose Hurtado. Jury selection starts next Wednesday.
Hurtado is accused of killing Francisco Navarro at Apache Manor, a Jefferson City trailer park, in late 2011.
Investigators think he was shot after trying to break up a fight over a loud muffler.
A second man, Rafel Fuentes, was also picked up for the crime, but his charges were dropped last year.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost