The Missouri State Highway Patrol's Troop F S.W.A.T team is in Ferguson to help keep the situation calm.
Troopers said if a team is needed here locally they have the resources to do get one in the Troop F region quickly.
"In a situation like this we would just call another S.W.A.T team from around the state," Sergeant Paul Reinsch said.
He said Central Missouri is still protected with a Special Weapons and Tactics team if need be.
They work closely with the Jefferson City Police Department and Cole County Sheriff S.W.A.T teams.
Not only local teams, but they can call teams in Kansas City and as far as Springfield.
Reinsch said he wants the public to know they are ready for whatever comes their way.
"If there are situations occurring that we do have Troopers ready to respond no matter how long the situation lasts throughout the state."
The Jefferson City Police and Cole County Sheriff's Department said if Troop F needs any assistance they are there to help out.
Troop F covers thirteen counties in the Mid-Missouri area.
- Updated Columbia, Boone County agree on emergency data storage
- Updated MoDOT to replace bridge over Route 50 at Taos exit
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets