CALIFORNIA, Mo. - A Mid-Missouri man is facing multiple charges for sex with a minor.
The Moniteau County prosecuting attorney filed eight charges against 37-year-old John C. Smith for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with a minor.
Smith was charged with sexual exploitation of a minor, two counts of second-degree statutory sodomy, use of a child in sexual performance, possession of child pornography, incest, and endangering the welfare of a child.
Court documents show the incidents happened between July and December of 2012 and authorities say some of the sexual acts were videotaped.
Smith is being held in jail without bond.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze