JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Tuscumbia man was sentenced to more than eight years in prison for robbing a Mid-Missouri bank last year.
David B. Krzysik, 49, pleaded guilty in October to robbing the First State Bank in Iberia at gunpoint on March 15, 2012.
Authorities say Krzysik -- wearing a black wig, fake beard and sunglasses -- placed a black revolver on the bank's counter and demanded money. Officials say he left the bank with more than $3,600.
Krzysik also admitted to trying to rob the Central Trust Bank 30 minutes later. However, bank employees saw him walking toward the door and locked the front door.
Police were able to arrest Krzysik after he drove off a road, into a wooded area and down an embankment.
A judge sentenced Krzysik to eight years, three months in federal prison.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members