JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The effort to crackdown on heroin continues in Jefferson City.
On Tuesday, Jefferson City police responded to a report of an unconscious man in an apartment on Sunset Lake Road. When crews arrived, they found Michael Strader, 32, lying on the floor with a needle sticking out of his arm.
Strader was taken to the Capitol Region Medical Center. Police investigating the apartment found heroin and paraphernalia associated with heroin.
Strader was later released from the hospital and was then arrested by police on drug charges.
Wednesday, police were flagged down in the 100 block of Madison in reference to an unconscious man laying in a yard. He was identified as Shawn A. Moore.
Emergency crews revived him and took him to Capitol Region Medical Center.
At the scene, police found a syringe containing heroin, near where the suspect had been.
Moore was also arrested on drug charges after he was released from the hospital. Police say Moore attempted to assault the officers and struggled to get away during his arrest. Officers say they subdued the suspect and took him into custody.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze