CALLAWAY COUNTY, Mo. - Two men were arrested Wednesday morning after a high-speed chase in Mid-Missouri.
Around 8:15 a.m., Jefferson City police informed Callaway County Sheriff's deputies of a stolen pickup truck traveling eastbound on Highway 54.
Law enforcement followed the truck on Highway 54 toward Kingdom City until the truck crossed over the median and started to head westbound.
The suspects, St. Louis residents Kyle D. Hopson and Kendell Jones, began to drive on County Road 211 before getting back onto eastbound Highway 54 and then westbound I-70.
Callaway County officials say the chase reached speeds of more than 100 mph into Boone County before the suspects' truck was stopped near the Lake of the Woods exit.
Hopson, the driver of the truck, is currently in the Callaway County Jail on a $20,000 bond.
Jones is in the Callaway County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
The pair is facing charges of tampering, resisting arrest, speeding in excess of 25 mph, and careless and imprudent driving.
- Updated Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018 after alleged policy violations
- Updated Traffic Alert: Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Major Columbia thoroughfare to see speed limit reduction
- Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"