HOWARD CO., Mo. - Two men were arrested on separate charges Thursday morning in Howard County.
The Boone County Cyber Crimes Task Force and the Howard County Sheriff's Office conducted a search at a home on County Road 302, west of Fayette.
Investigators determined a nearby resident was accessing the wireless network at the home to reportedly distribute the child pornography through a file sharing program. Investigators identified the suspect as 29-year-old Josh Barton.
They recovered a laptop incriminating Barton and arrested him on a charge of distribution of child pornography.
Barton was arrested on a charge for distribution of child porn.
Another man, 54-year-old James Barton, was also arrested at the home for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Charges are pending in both cases and both men are in the Howard County jail.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security