JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Two people are in custody after a pursuit Wednesday night in Cole County.
The Sheriff's Department says a deputy attempted to pull over a car around 8:51 p.m. near Highway 54 and Ellis Boulevard. The car's occupants, Rodney Ronimous and Jenifer Johnson, failed to stop for the deputy and led law enforcement on a chase.
During the chase, the suspects intentionally rammed the cars of two deputies. Shortly after, the suspects were taken into custody in the 1900 block of Saratoga Drive.
Ronimous, the driver, was arrested for three counts of second-degree assault of a law enforcement officers, driving while suspended, felony possession of heroin, resisting/interfering with the arrest of a felon, two counts of property destruction and for a felony warrant out of Callaway County for second-degree domestic assault.
Johnson was arrested for resisting/interfering with the arrest of a felon, receiving stolen property, and a warrant for possession of dangerous non-narcotic drugs.
Both Ronimous and Johnson were transported to the Cole County Jail where they are awaiting formal charges.
- Updated Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018 after alleged policy violations
- Updated Traffic Alert: Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Major Columbia thoroughfare to see speed limit reduction
- Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"