COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police say two women were wounded by bullets in a shooting Saturday night in Columbia.
It happened in the 300 block of West Worley Street just after 11:30 p.m.
When officers arrived on scene, they found one 26-year-old woman with a gunshot wound.
She was transported to the hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
Columbia police said 17-year-old woman was also grazed by a bullet but didn't require transport to the hospital.
Officers found 29 shell casings and two unspent bullets at the scene.
The suspect is being described a black man with long dreads possibly driving a Silver Pontiac.
There haven't been any arrests made yet and police say the investigation is ongoing.
If anyone has information about this shooting, please contact Crime Stoppers at 573-875-TIPS to remain anonymous.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members