JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Two people from St. Louis landed in jail on Monday after a failed home robbery in Jefferson City. Police said they arrested Charles Lowery and Kristie Meeks for the weekend break-in near High and Lafayette streets.
Investigators think Meeks went to the apartment Saturday afternoon to watch movies. But 15 minutes later, Lowery allegedly broke-in and assaulted the residents. Officers say he had a folding knife but never used it.
Both suspects escaped with nothing.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy