COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police are investigating a shooting near the Columbia Mall early Sunday morning.
Around 12:37 a.m., officers responded to a shots fired called near Stadium Boulevard and Bernadette Drive in west Columbia. According to reports, several people reported hearing shots and seeing cars leave the area.
Just 10 minutes later, a local hospital reported two males, ages 17 and 18, being dropped off with gunshot wounds. Their names and conditions were not released.
ABC 17 News talked to businesses at the intersection and those witnesses said they saw two cars right before they heard gunshots. They told ABC 17 News after the shots were fired, the vehicles drove away.
An employee at Petro Mart told ABC 17 News more than a dozen people ran inside the store for safety after they heard the gunshots. According to that same employee, there was a girl caught in the crossfire after a bullet ricocheted and hit her car. The employee said he consoled the girl and said she was not injured.
Columbia police say there is no suspect description at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Columbia Police Department or CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS (8477) to remain anonymous.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"