MOBERLY, Mo. - ABC 17 News has confirmed a wanted man was arrested Thursday in Moberly. Steven Judy was taken into custody at Walker Automotive, located off Highway 24 West. Judy had several warrants out for his arrest.
Police approached Judy at Walker Automotive after receiving a tip that he was on the property. He fled from the police on foot, but he was detained by members of the Moberly Police Department, Randolph County Sheriff's Office and the North Missouri Drug Task Force.
Despite several officers sustaining injuries trying to bring Judy to custody, they are back on the job as of Friday.
Judy has multiple run-ins with the law, including a count of resisting arrest last month. He also pleaded guilty to second degree assault last year, faced theft and DWI charges in 2011 and prison time in the 90s on first-degree robbery.
Authorities are also working with the FBI to determine if there is any possibility of Judy facing federal charges. The investigation is on-going in case more suspects are involved.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement