COLUMBIA, Mo. - A woman was hospitalized after an assault and robbery Friday night just west of Columbia.
It happened around 8:30 p.m. near an apartment complex on Millbrook Drive, just off Scott Boulevard.
Investigators said a woman was getting out of a vehicle behind her apartment when a man walked up and demanded money.
The victim told ABC 17 News Saturday the attacker came up to her car and knew her name, but she did not recognize him. She said he broke her nose when he slammed her to the ground and then took off with her iPhone.
In a news release update Saturday morning, Boone County Sheriff's deputies said some items were taken and the woman suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The woman was taken to the emergency room at University Hospital and treated.
Deputies are still looking for a white man, five feet six inches tall with a stocky build. The victim stated he was wearing a light colored shirt with a dark jacket and a dark baseball hat.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 875-TIPS.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security