COLUMBIA, Mo. - Sunday's fire at Crown Center Farms has been ruled unintentional by Columbia Fire Department Investigators.
Battalion Chief Brad Frazier said in a news release that the fire started in the southeast corner of the building, in the vicinity of a furnace. That furnace could not be ruled out as a potential cause.
The scene has been released to insurance investigators who are bringing in furnace experts to further evaluate if the furnace may have contributed to the fire.
Total damage from the blaze is $750,000.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active