Jefferson City, Mo. - A former daycare owner in Cole County convicted in a shaken-baby case has a new trial date.
Shelly Richter of Taos will head to court for a second time in mid-August.
Last March, Richter was found not guilty of child abuse, but convicted for endangering the welfare of a child. One month later, a judge tossed out the decision after Richter claimed that key evidence from an earlier investigation was withheld.
Richter operated an at-home daycare where a seven-month-old baby suffered brain swelling and blindness in 2010 and never recovered. His mother had to give up her job to care for him.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost