STURGEON, Mo. - One person was killed and another seriously injured in a crash Tuesday afternoon near Sturgeon in northern Boone County.
Emergency crews at the scene said a semi truck was making a left turn on to Highway 22 just east of Route V.
Investigators think a van tried swerving around the truck before it hit another car going the other direction.
Wendell Wehrman, 88, was a passenger in the front seat of the van died at the scene.
The driver of the minivan, Karen Wehrman, was flown to University Hospital in Columbia with serious injuries.
No one else was seriously injured.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security