ELDON, Mo. - Miller County officials are investigating a deadly fire that happened Monday night near Eldon.
The Moreau County Fire Protection District confirms one person died in a residential structure fire at 26 Eldon Road. Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed when crews arrived on scene after 11 p.m.
The Miller County Sheriff's Department says 23-year-old Brent Comer died in the fire.
According to the property owner, Treba Taylor Crisman, she did not know Comer was staying in the home. According to her, there has not been a renter for several months.
The Missouri State Fire Marshal is investigating the fire.
According to ABC 17's Daniel Winn, the fire marshal and Miller County Sheriff drove by the property several times, but never stopped to answer questions.
Court records show Comer had a warrant issued for his arrest, along with a criminal history. He was currently wanted for stealing.
Police will not say why he was possibly at the home.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates on this developing story.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members