COLUMBIA, Mo. - Demolition has begun at a University of Missouri apartment complex following a deadly walkway collapse in February.
Columbia firefighter Lieutenant Bruce Britt was killed after a walkway fell as he was responding to a call.
Two buildings were torn down so far as of 2:00 Thursday afternoon.
Residents were already moved out last month, but workers had to remove asbestos before the buildings could come down.
We'll continue to update the progress of the demolition as it progresses.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach