Dishwasher blamed for Columbia house fire
Flames, smoke did $10,000 in damage to Bourn Ave. home
A dishwasher was blamed for a Columbia house fire Sunday morning.
Fire crews said the flames and smoke were spewing from the kitchen window of 1000 Bourn Avenue just after 9 a.m.
The Assistant Fire Marshal said in a news release that a dishwasher had sparked the blaze, which did roughly $10,000 worth of damage to the property.
Crews had the fire put out within five minutes, but spent several hours using large fans to air out the house.
No one was injured in the fire.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.