COLUMBIA, Mo. - A dishwasher was blamed for a Columbia house fire Sunday morning.
Fire crews said the flames and smoke were spewing from the kitchen window of 1000 Bourn Avenue just after 9 a.m.
The Assistant Fire Marshal said in a news release that a dishwasher had sparked the blaze, which did roughly $10,000 worth of damage to the property.
Crews had the fire put out within five minutes, but spent several hours using large fans to air out the house.
No one was injured in the fire.
- Updated Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018 after alleged policy violations
- Updated Traffic Alert: Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Major Columbia thoroughfare to see speed limit reduction
- Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"