COLUMBIA, Mo. - Two people died after a rollover accident in Columbia Thursday night. The accident happened near the Lake of the Woods exit off I-70.
According to police, 31-year-old Jeremy Tremblay from Columbia was driving west when his car left the road and hit a ditch. The car flipped several times, throwing Tremblay and his passenger outside. Neither Tremblay nor the passenge, 30-year-old Eric Lewis of Columbia, were wearing seat belts.
Tremblay died at the scene; Lewis was taken to University Hospital and was reported to be in critical condition Friday morning, but was pronounced dead later that day.
Police say it's unclear why the car went off the road.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active