FULTON, Mo. - A Fulton man is in critical condition after getting hit while walking on Highway 54.
The accident happened around 1 a.m. Monday, just north of County Road 114.
The driver told police she hit a man who was wearing black clothing, and walking in the roadway. She said she was unable to see him due to the foggy conditions.
Police found Larry Gallup, 38, of Fulton in a nearby ditch, he was taken to University Hospital in Columbia.
The investigation continues.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust