VIENNA, Mo. - A woman from Rolla died in a car accident on Highway 63 in Maries County Monday night. The accident happened around 9 p.m., just south of Vienna.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, 36-year-old Rebekah Haslett's car went off the road and hit a rock bluff. The car flipped and Haslett, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the car.
The coroner pronounced Haslett dead at the scene.
Maries County Sheriff Chris Heitman said alcohol and high speeds may have been contributing factors in the accident.
- New Man beats wife, causes brain bleeds and facial fractures
- Updated Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Gov. Nixon restricts millions in Medicaid spending
- 2016 city of Columbia community survey sent to residents
- 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit