JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A Jefferson City man was hurt in a car crash Sunday night and admitted to police he had been texting at the time.
According to police, Eric Wickern, 39, was driving north on Dix Road shortly before 9 p.m. when the car went off the road and hit a utility pole, breaking it. The road was closed to traffic for some time while crews worked to replace the pole.
Wickern was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Police believe alcohol was a factor in the crash, and said Wickern admitted to texting at the time of the crash.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement