JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - An eighth-grader in Jefferson City could face charges for allegedly taking a BB pistol on a school bus and showing it to other children.
The student at Thomas Jefferson Middle was taken into police custody Monday afternoon.
The driver on Bus 4 stopped near Tom Lee Drive and called First Student after hearing somebody had a weapon.
Everyone got out of the school bus until police came. District officials wanted to emphasize that serious consequences are involved with any kind of weapon, even if the object is considered a toy.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit