Columbia, Mo. - Columbia Public School District board members took several votes on tonight's agenda after swearing in the recently elected board members.
Jonathan Sessions and Helen Wade are returning members. Paul Cushing is taking over for Dr. Tom Ross who chose not to run. Cushing has served previously on the board.
The seven member board voted unanimously to approve the new CPSD superintendent's salary at Monday's meeting. Dr. Peter Steipleman will make $165,000 annually.
As part of their new business, members also voted to approve Scenario 1 boundary changes concerning the new Eliot Battle Elementary school. 241 students will move from Alpha Hart Elementary and 124 from Two Mile Prairie Elementary to the new school. It will start with a 365 enrollment.
The board still has to decide whether or not to allow fifth graders to finish at the current schools.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach