COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia School Board approved the district's budget for the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
The $266 million budget includes a planned excess in spending over revenues by nearly $3 million.
Columbia Public Schools spokeswoman Michelle Baumstark says the deficit spending is intentional because of the Battle High School opening.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser