COLUMBIA, Mo. - The family of a fallen Columbia police officer made a donation to the scholarship named after Molly Thomas-Bowden.
Molly Thomas-Bowden's family donated $2,000 to the scholarship at Columbia College, where Molly once attended.
Her parents said despite all of the sadness, there is a silver lining.
"It's very healing to be able to give back and help just like Molly and the way she liked to give back," said Beverly and David Thomas.
Half of the money was raised by selling t-shirts at an annual blood drive held in her honor. Molly's brother matched the amount raised.
In 2005, Molly was shot while on duty and died from her injuries a month later.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy