COLUMBIA, MO - MU Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin announced Wednesday that the University Village Apartment complex will close June 30th and be demolished shortly after.
The decision comes after more than 600 people signed a petition concerning the Student Parent Center at University Village, and MU addressed parents at a closed meeting Wednesday evening.
One parent told ABC 17 News they're upset because it's still unclear if the daycare will move somewhere else or completely shut down.
As a precaution, some parents are using the back door to get into the Student Parent Center instead of walking under the walkways.
Residents of University Village will be able to break their leases without penalty between now and June 30. Repair work and maintenance will continue as scheduled.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"