COLUMBIA, Mo. - University of Missouri officials have confirmed MU's head basketball coach, Frank Haith, is leaving for The University of Tulsa. MU Athletics Director Mike Alden got a text from Haith Friday morning saying he was taking the job in Tulsa. Coach Tim Fuller will take over his spot as interim head coach.
Alden spoke during a news conference at 11 a.m., at the same time the University of Tulsa said it would announce a new head basketball coach at 1 p.m. Friday.
This comes after ABC 17 News also learned on Thursday Haith was being courted by the University of Tulsa. Sources close to the program told ABC 17 News that Haith was considering the move.
ABC 17 Sports Director Austin Kim caught up with Haith as he was leaving Mizzou Arena on Thursday. When asked about the speculations if he was going to Tulsa, Haith indicated he was only going to listen.
ABC 17 News later got footage of Haith taking a chartered flight to Tulsa as it left Columbia's airport Thursday afternoon.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze