COLUMBIA, Mo. - Students at one University of Missouri dormitory have been put on alert after someone's pet snake escaped.
University officials confirmed a one-foot-long, nonvenomous baby ball python got loose on the third floor in Defoe-Graham Hall near the MU Student Rec Complex.
The snake was a registered pet and escaped last week. The snake's owner immediately notified staff, who then notified dorm residents.
As of Thursday morning, the snake is still on the loose.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County