COLUMBIA, Mo. - A medical examiner says an 18-year-old Illinois man found dead in a University of Missouri dormitory room in October died from natural causes.
Boone County Chief Medical Examiner Carl Stacy says Gregory G. Holthaus, of Highland, Ill., died from sudden cardiac arrest caused by an enlarged heart.
Holthaus was found dead Oct. 13 in the Pershing group of residence halls in Columbia. He was visiting a friend who was a Missouri student.
Stacy's report was released to the Columbia Tribune late Friday. It says no medications or drugs, and only a small amount of alcohol, was found in Holthaus' system.
The report said Holthaus woke up, took a shower and ate Oct. 13, and a friend found him dead about three hours later.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active