The Columbia Board of Education has announced two finalists for the superintendent position opening.
Dr. Dred Scott is currently a deputy superintendent for the Independence School District, and Dr. Peter Stiepleman is an assistant superintendent for elementary education in the Columbia Public School District.
Current CPS superintendent Dr. Chris Belcher will retire in June.
The board interviewed four of eighteen potential candidates, completing first round interviews Tuesday.
A candidate meet and greet event will be held Tuesday, March 11, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Aslin Administration Building on 1818 W. Worley St.
The public will be able to participate in a moderated question and answer session during the event.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes