COLUMBIA, Mo. - University of Missouri police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old in an MU residence hall.
Around 9:07 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to the Pershing group of residence halls for a medical emergency.
They found an 18-year-old male unconscious and not breathing. He was taken to University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The victim was identified as Gregory Holthaus of Highland, Ill.
He was a guest of one of the residents, according to officials.
Investigators are interviewing Holthaus' friends and gathering evidence associated with a death investigation, but police say there is no indication of foul play.
Residential Life and the university will be providing assistance, including counseling and support services.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active