COLUMBIA, Mo. - Several local and state agencies will come together this weekend for an emergency preparedness drill.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol, Boone County Sheriff's Department, Boone County Fire Protection District, Columbia/Boone County Public Safety Joint Communications and Air Methods will all participate in a drill involving the University of Missouri Health Care's Staff for Life helicopter.
The drill will simulate what actions emergency crews would take if there was a helicopter in distress.
The drill is currently set for Saturday, Oct. 5 but officials could delay it to Sunday due to inclement weather.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit