Tuesday night the American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter Lifesaver Awards were handed out in Jefferson City.
Jefferson City Police officers Jason Sederwall and Brad King were honored for helping save Katherine O'Neal's life.
O'Neal was involved in a crash on Highway 94 last December. Her car burst into flames and she suffered burns over much of her body.
Sederwall and King were the first officers on the scene. They tried to pull O'Neal from the burning car but couldn't.
They used extinguishers to try and keep flames from burning her body.
Tuesday, she got to thank them.
Also receiving an award was fallen Columbia firefighter, Bruce Britt.
His wife Leigh accepted the award on his behalf.
Britt was killed when a walkway collapsed last February at the University Village Apartments in Columbia.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Updated Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach