News

Fatal fire in Mexico leaves one man, one dog dead

On Friday at 3:09 a.m., the Mexico Department of Public Safety was called to 713 Lafayette regarding a residential fire. The first officers on scene found heavy smoke and fire in the front side of the house.

The resident, Alvin R. Norman, 72, and his dog were found dead in the home by firefighters.

The front bedroom had significant fire damage and the remainder of the home had serious heat and smoke damage.  The Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office, the Audrain County Coroner, and the Mexico Public Safety Department are continuing to investigate, but there is no evidence of a crime as of this time.


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Thursday, November 23 Morning Weather Video

Top Videos