Jim Marshall, who lost his son to a drug overdose, addressed William Woods University students Wednesday night.
Students attending told ABC 17 the problem is real, and drugs are readily available.
More than 100 students came out to hear Marshall speak.
Afterwards, students had a chance to talk to Marshall one on one.
Students agree, seminars like the one Marshall hosted, do work.
They said, being educated about the problem saves lives, and prevents peers from every trying drugs.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active