Ryan Ferguson's legal team filed a new appeal of his murder conviction Wednesday, in the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District. Ferguson was convicted of killing Columbia Tribune Sports Editor Kent Heitholt, four years after the 2001 murder. Ferguson has maintained that he is innocent. Cole County Circuit Judge Daniel Green ruled in October, 2012 to deny Ferguson a new trial following an April court hearing. Ferguson's latest motion appeals that ruling.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach