A landscaping business was damaged by a fire in Cole County Thursday afternoon.
Firefighters from multiple agencies arrived on scene after 4 p.m. to find smoke coming from the business on Valley Hi Road.
A tractor-trailer, small shed, barrel of tar and several pieces of landscaping equipment were all destroyed by the fire.
Firefighters battled wind and dry conditions during the fire and also said the lack of water nearby was a challenge.
Assistant Chief, Galen Hammann told ABC 17 News on scene that the department had to call in several agencies to assist with tanker support to help get more water since the nearest fire hydrant was two miles away.
One resident whose house was in the path of the fire spoke with ABC 17 News on scene and said he was concerned for his home because of the surrounding environment.
"This is a heavily wooded area, and our main concern is the preponderance that there are cedar trees out here," Glover Brown said.
Fire officials say the fire started as an unattended brush pile. There were no injuries during the fire.
Fire departments across mid-Missouri are continuing to urge residents to not burn during dry conditions.