News

Fire damages roof of medical lab in Columbia

Firefighters think a halogen light sitting too close to wooden roof materials started the fire

COLUMBIA, Mo. - A fire damaged the roof of a medical building in Columbia Tuesday morning. The fire started at Boyce and Bynum Pathology Professional Services on Portland Street shortly before 7 a.m.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames, which were quickly extinguished. They told ABC 17 News the likely cause of the fire was a halogen light placed too close to wooden roof materials. The damage has been estimated at around $5,000.

There have been no reports of any injuries.


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Saturday, May 27 Morning Weather Video

Top Videos