NEW FRANKLIN, Mo. - A Howard County volunteer firefighter was sent to University Hospital Tuesday night following a house fire at 922 County Road 448 near New Franklin.
Volunteer firefighter Ryan Benedict was taken by ambulance for possible lung collapse and smoke inhalation. He was later released.
The Howard County Fire Protection District said crews from New Franklin and Fayette responded to the blaze, but the home was declared a total loss.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family, and there were no other injuries.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members