Fire destroys Moberly home
House is considered total loss Monday morning
A home is considered a total loss after a fire Monday morning.
The house is at 1503 Emerson Street in Moberly, near the Casey's on Highway 24.
An elderly couple lives there, and firefighters think it might have started in a wood stove.
Crews arrived around 7:10 a.m. and cleared the scene about 10 a.m.
The couple is now staying with family members.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.