COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia Fire Department will be testing fire hydrants in the area north of Highway 63 between Brown Station Road, Paris Road, and Route B on Saturday.
The tests will determine if the hydrants have adequate water flow and pressure for fighting fighters.
Customers may notice reduced water pressure when a hydrant is flushed near their homes, and they may notice a water discoloration due to sediment in the pipes.
If the water is discolored, customers should avoid doing laundry, but water color will usually return to normal after running it for a few minutes.
During the flushing, the water will be safe to drink.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"