BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Crews from the Boone County Fire Protection District battled a garage fire northwest of Columbia.
Firefighters first arrived at the home in the 4500 block of Route E around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.
Thirteen crews responded to the fire and just after 4 p.m., firefighters were able to contain the blaze.
There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
The homeowners estimate damage at around $100,000. They said they work from home and use the garage to hold supplies for a construction company.
Because of the fire, traffic was stalled on Route E, but authorities redirected traffic around emergency vehicles.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"