COLUMBIA, Mo. - Firefighters extinguished a small fire at the University of Missouri Power Plant Wednesday morning.
Around 7 a.m., the Columbia Fire Department responded to the plant off Fifth Street for a report of a fire.
Firefighters found a small fire in the west ash collection silo. Crews shut down airflow to the silo and the fire burned itself out.
After an investigation, Assistant Fire Marshal Jim Pasley determined a hot ember had made its way into the ash collection silo, setting the paper air filters on fire.
The only damage was to ash collection bags and officials say there were no injuries.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze