Firefighters working to find cause of heavy smoke at Columbia apartment complex

COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia firefighters were working a structure fire at the Manor Apartments on Ashland Road in Columbia, not far from the University of Missouri campus Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters determined a fire started in a utility closet in the basement, and was put out in 5 minutes. Heavy smoke was coming from the chimney just before 4:00 p.m. Thursday.

The building was evacuated and no one was injured.

Stay with ABC 17 News for the latest on this developing story.

comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Monday May 22 Morning Weather Video

Top Videos