Fulton Walmart evacuated for fire

Meat cooler display caught fire Sunday evening

FULTON, Mo. - Customers were evacuated from the Walmart in Fulton Sunday evening after a meat cooler caught fire.

According to a news release, fire crews originally responded to a report of smoke inside the store just before 5 p.m.

When firefighters got to the scene, the meat cooler display also had flames coming out of its electrical arcs.

Fire investigators said Sunday night the fire was likely accidental and electrical in nature.

15 firefighters in three engines spend about 30 minutes putting the fire out. It did $2,000 in damage.

In the news release, Fulton fire chief Dean Buffington praised the Walmart staff for handling the evacuation.

Police were also on hand to help with traffic and crowd control.

comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Monday, May 22 Evening Weather Video

Top Videos