FULTON, Mo. - Fulton firefighters rescued a worker trapped in a trench Monday morning.
ABC 17 News confirmed with Fulton police the 50-year-old man was a contractor doing work for the city when the cave-in happened.
Emergency crews responded to the construction site on Country Club Drive.
Fulton fire officials say the man was buried from the waist down in a 12-foot trench.
The worker was pulled out of the ditch around 12:15 p.m., 90 minutes after he first became trapped.
Crews at the scene told ABC 17 News the man was being flown to University Hospital in Columbia.
Fulton Fire Department Chief Dean Buffington says the man's injuries are non-life-threatening.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit